Monday, September 26, 2005

it's not enough

Last night I watched Grey's Anatomy. With Journey on Sunday nights, I never really had time for TV. But when I saw the advertising for this show, I was intrigued. I only watched a few episodes of the show last season. Then I watched the season finale last May, and I was hooked. So last night I sat through Desperate Housewives, waiting for the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy.
Overall, I wouldn't say it was a great episode. But it had its moments, the defining one at the end. The title character Meredith Grey often seems so sweet, naive and willing to please. But in one moment, she seemed like a true, strong woman. She has been told that she was "like coming up for air", that she is what saved him. Meredith looks at him and says, "It's not enough." She gets in her car, and she drives away.
I wonder how many women would drive away. Would I? Or would the words be enough for me to stay? Now I haven't given the whole story or provided the background leading up to the moment. But even without all that, she walked away from a very hot doctor because she didn't feel his words were enough. So what is it that she wants? Well, I think she wants action coupled with the words. She wants him to show her how he really feels about her, not just say it. Because words are easy to say, but showing someone we like them with our actions takes more effort. And I think Meredith knows she is worth the effort. I know that I worth the effort. And so, I hope that when necessary, I'll be strong enough to tell a guy, "it's not enough."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home