Wednesday, September 14, 2005

reality check

I've been busy the last few days adjusting to my new life. Not the New York part. The student part. All the free time I had for exploring New York is now officially gone.
Last Wednesday was my first class. The professor handed out a pre-test and told us if we could do the math on it, then we would be fine doing the required math for the class. I knew two answers. I was worried.
My schedule looks like this:
Monday- Class P&S 5:10-6:50pm, Class SE 7:20-9:00pm
Tuesday- Class EP 5:10-6:50pm, Class C 7:20-9:00pm
Wednesday- Class P&S 5:10-6:50pm
So, you might be thinking I get to have a 4-day weekend each week. I'm hoping to have a least 1 day free each week. These classes are very demanding. Before next week I have 11 readings and 1 homework assignment to finish.
In the meantime, I spend my mornings attending trainings for a job that I haven't even gotten yet. I'm very busy. But I just remind myself that I am at my dream school. And I am in New York. I hope to still have a little bit of fun. Because life is too short to spend all my time in the library. While the weather is still nice, I can take advantage of reading elsewhere. Perhaps Central Park...

2 Comments:

Blogger LukeMiller said...

sniff. sounds like things are working out good, and you're starting to pick up on the rhythm.

9:22 AM

 
Blogger j-lay said...

reading in central park sounds like a great idea.

11:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home