Sunday, September 11, 2005

another day of cam and the city

Yesterday was another day of exploring New York. I met a friend at Radio City Music Hall, then we wandered over to Rockefeller Center. As she ate her sandwich we just enjoyed being outside, right in the middle of the city. Afterwards we headed up 5th Avenue. The street was actually closed due to a parade. A Union parade. Where I'm from, parades are about as uncommon as Unions.
We became temporarily distracted from our sightseeing mission when we stopped inside one of the stores along 5th Ave. But then we continued along the parade path up to Central Park passing Trump Tower- shamelessly advertising The Apprentice, FAO Schwartz- which seems smaller than I remember, and The Plaza Hotel- sadly, closed for renovating the hotel into apartments.
We crossed through Central Park and ended up at Columbus Circle. We continued our walk over to Lincoln Center where we discovered a labyrinth of tents selling various craft items. From there we walked towards downtown simply noticing all the city has to offer. I finally left my friend in a shoe store back by Columbus Circle. I rode an extremely crowded subway back home. Upon arriving back in my room, I discovered I was exhausted. My plan for a night out on the town was quickly abandoned. Instead, I went to a local bar and watched the UT/Ohio State football game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home