Monday, September 05, 2005

TV and the city

One of the great things about living in New York is recognizing places that I've seen on TV. It isn't quite as exciting as a celebrity citing- which hasn't yet happened- but it is still pretty cool. Friday night I enjoyed happy hour across the street from Tom's Restaurant.
This should look familiar to all you Seinfeld fans. I have yet to actually go inside, but I've read that it doesn't look as familiar. And after walking past the windows, I can vouch that it is true.
Last night I ventured out to meet my friend French who is training in the city for the next month. We met up in Greenwich Village, but decided to head to Tribeca. We exited the subway and looked for signs of nightlife. I got very excited when I saw the Moondance Diner.
For all my FRIENDS fans, you might remember this from Monica's days with a blonde wig and fake boobs. For non-FRIENDS people, it was also where Mary-Jane worked in Spider Man.
Tonight my Jersey friend was in the city and came to see me in Morningside Heights. After our Chinese dinner, we decided dessert was a great idea. I suggested Tasti D Lite.

After recently watching Sex and the City, I've been feeling inspired by Charlotte to try this place. If you know S&C, then you might recognize this place featured in Season 6, Episode 88- The Ick Factor.
I've only just begun to find the many NYC landmarks featured on many TV shows. I don't anticipate all of them being food related. But I do like this theme so far.

2 Comments:

Blogger Babs said...

awesome, i love it!! thanks for sharing

4:05 PM

 
Blogger j-lay said...

i love jerry and the gang, but never paid attention to the names of the places they hung out.

7:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home