Sunday, August 28, 2005

going away party

I just got home from my going away party. I've just spend the last 6 1/2 hours in a room with people I love and will miss. I spent my evening talking, hugging and simply watching my friends. People who gave their time tonight to be with me. Many memories were made (and lots of pictures taken). There was no crying involved. I was prepared. I wore waterproof mascara. I know I will cry at some point. It might be tomorrow night at Journey when I reflect upon the relationships I've built in the last two years. It might be Wednesday night when I go to my last Two Rows and hug everyone goodbye for the last time. It might be on the plane ride up to New York. I don't know when it will hit me that this is real and I'm leaving a lot of people I love, but I'm worried I won't be ready when the tears start falling.
Thanks to all of you who were there tonight. I felt loved and I'll miss each of you.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kerri said...

well i just cried!

12:07 PM

 
Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

you had me at hello...

12:36 AM

 
Blogger i am cam said...

okay. so there has now been crying. i'm such a girl.

12:41 AM

 
Blogger LukeMiller said...

sniff. sniff.

10:22 AM

 
Blogger Jess said...

I really wish we'd been able to be in town this weekend so we could make it. Dallas will miss you (and so will I)!!

5:29 PM

 
Blogger j-lay said...

i wish i could have made the party. it sounded like a lot of fun. i'm glad i get to see you at two rows one more time before you go. i have a hug waiting for you cam.

7:31 PM

 
Blogger Carter Rose said...

i was honored to be there...and we will all sorely miss you...sorely

10:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home