Thursday, August 11, 2005

the missing

As I prepare for my move to New York, I find myself searching for things that apparently got lost in the first move. A few weeks ago, I realized that my pictures that were framed and on my bookshelf are nowhere to be found. I've made several trips up into the attic where most of my stuff is stored. I've found my books, kitchen stuff, and things that definitely should have just been thrown out, but no picture frames. I'm a little relieved since the heat would have surely ruined all the pictures. But I'm also concerned because now I don't know where to look. I've checked the bathtub in our guest bathroom. It has been the storage space for my stuff that didn't make it into the attic. No picture frames. I've searched my room and my closet. In fact, I've searched all the rooms and closets throughout my parents' house. Where could they be? And the problem is that I wasn't the one who actually packed them. So I have no idea what kind of box they were placed in, making it even more challenging to find the pictures.
The picture frames aren't the only thing missing. I recently opened a CD case and discovered the CD is missing. Again, I keep searching for it and I can't find it. I've looked through my CD books but it isn't in there. I checked the portable CD player that has been abandoned due to the very tiny, orange MP3 player. I searched in my sister's room. I did find another CD I had lost, but not this one. I'm convinced the CD I am currently looking for is acutally in her car. But we are never home at the same time for me to have the opportunity to look. And of course, she keeps ignoring my request for her to search.
Maybe I should put together a search party. If I get all my friends together, maybe we can find these missing things.

3 Comments:

Blogger j-lay said...

another "psp". just this time it is a picture search possy.

4:09 PM

 
Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

maybe it's where my rainjacket was, in my golf bag in the garage.

i'll check.

8:54 PM

 
Blogger LukeMiller said...

maybe you left it at a cudle-ing party.

3:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home