Monday, July 18, 2005

safety first

While in Bangkok, I took AM and CT to one of my favorite restaurants, Cabbages and Condoms. The food there is "guaranteed not to cause pregnancy." Keeping with the theme of the restaurant, at the end of dinner, the check was presented with after-dinner treats in lieu of mints. I'll give you a hint- it's in the name of the restaurant. And I don't mean cabbages...
Before you start jumping to conclusions that this was one of those type of places that give Bangkok a bad name, let me explain. C&C, as it is more commonly known, was developed to provide financial assistance to the Population and Community Development Association (PDA) in Thailand. The PDA works to promote family planning, generate income in rural communities, develop health care, and educate about AIDS prevention.
At C&C, I get to eat great Thai food in a open-air beer garden with friends and I am helping a good cause. If you ever go to Bangkok, check out Cabbages and Condoms on Sukhumvit, Soi 12.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

heee. safety first.

9:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home