Saturday, July 16, 2005

I win

My traveling experience has taught me that in general, not too many American travel abroad. Keeping this in mind, a bet was made in Cambodia to see just how many Americans we would find at Angkor Wat. The 3 of us didn't count. A.M bet that we would only come across 5, C.T. said 9, and I chose 12. Mostly because I had the idea of a dozen stuck in my head at the time. We looked at clothing, listened to accents, and looked for Canadian flag patches to narrow down who we believe were American. And the numbers began to grow.
What did the winner of the bet win? Bragging rights. And so, in the words of Chandler from FRIENDS, I would like to take this opportunity to say, "I win. You lose. One man victory wave in honor of me."

3 Comments:

Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

it is important to clarify that you did not win because you guessed the correct number of 12. it is important to clarify that you only "won" because there were more Americans in Cambodia than 5 or 9, the numbers chosen by A and T.

we stopped counting around 30 or so. so, you weren't actually close in your guess, either. but i will concede the win to you, since neither A nor T were right, either.

5:44 PM

 
Blogger i am cam said...

my guess was closest to the actual number. the winner of the bet was the person who guessed the number closest to the actual number without going over. kind of like on The Price is Right. that was me.

quit trying to steal my 'i win' thunder.

8:37 AM

 
Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

you stole my "i'm sick" thunder.

we are lame.

7:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home