Saturday, July 09, 2005

cam in bangkok

I was in Bangkok last week. Here is a quick hit of things I did while I was there:
-I visited my old school which was really great, yet so surreal all at the same time
-I found C.T. in the airport without problem
-I dragged C.T. all around Bangkok to a surprising number of malls (considering I don't like malls or shopping)
-I've been upset to discover that much of BKK is under construction or renovation which makes finding places much more difficult or impossible
-Our one hour massage made me forget all that made me stressed in my previous point
-I took C.T. to my favorite Thai restaurant where I am still remembered for my karaoke singing skills
-Everyone who sees me and remembers me says I'm thinner... which I am happy to know
-This morning we went to the Grand Palace- the same one where Anna claims the King of Siam fell in love with her(or at the very least was friends with her), but actually she made the whole thing up and Thai people don't so much like her story
-Later we went to see the Reclining Buddah- the same one Richard (in The Beach) saw, but it is actually not just out on the street but rather it is inside a temple
-We ate lunch at my favorite noodle bar where a Thai friend randomly walked in and was very surprised to see me, though I was just as surprised to see him
-We watched American 4th of july fireworks which was a very frightening experience as I watched flaming shrapnel fall to the ground less than 20 feet away from me
-After surviving the fireworks we went to my favorite pizza place to get Pizza A La Vodka and Singha beer
-We went shopping at the market even though I really don't like shopping...
-Picked up A.M. at the airport, though a little less successfully since her plane beat our taxi
-Got a 2 hour massage
-Got a manicure/pedicure
-Enjoyed one last great Thai meal before leaving for Cambodia

I hope you are all very jealous and wish you could be here too. Luckily it isn't too hot or rainy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home