Saturday, July 02, 2005

full body massage... and I don't just mean mine

Yesterday I took C.T. to get a traditional Thai massage. The first time I got a Thai massage I found it to be the most painful experience I had ever endured. Unlike a Swedish massage, the Thai massage doesn't not involve oil or gentle kneading. Instead it is a fine art of manipulating pressure points all over the body. It's been said that this type of massage is very beneficial for increasing circulation and overall health. I try to keep this in mind as I mentally prepare for the pain.
C.T. and I were given very large pajamas to wear for the massage. Then two, rather small, Thai women entered the room ready to massage our worries away. They began with the feet, slowly digging their fingers into the muscles. The process continues all the way up to the arms, hands and eventually the head. But not all massaging was with their hands and fingers. At times, I was accutely aware that it was their feet, elbows, knees, etc. they were using. Additionally, my body was arranged in bendy fashions that I didn't believe possible. But the final act was one of great accomplishment for both me and my Thai girl. She was on her back with knees in the air. I was lying on my back on top of the pillow which was resting on her knees. She stretched my body in what most likely resembled a back bend. I really don't know if I have at all created the picture for you. But trust me, it was a massage for C.T. and I to remember. And we'll be going back when our friend A arrives. Because we care about our health. And it makes a great story.

4 Comments:

Blogger LukeMiller said...

love the wandering blogs.

11:15 AM

 
Blogger j-lay said...

i wonder if the thai girl could lift me up like that?

12:01 PM

 
Blogger LukeMiller said...

jlay - out of control

10:52 AM

 
Blogger Kerri said...

gosh jlay.

12:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home