Wednesday, June 29, 2005

An example of why American isn't always better

For the first time, I flew an American carrier to Asia. Here are some differences I noticed in contrast to Asian carriers:
-they serve fewer meals (which is fine because I wasn't very hungry thanks to the delicious chicken bisquit I had on the way to the airport)
-they only give you a hot towel once
-the drink service is less frequent and the alcoholic drinks are not free of charge
-all dinner utensils are plastic
I only flew the American plane to Tokyo. Then I switched to an Asian plane. I made sure I ordered a FREE bottle of wine with my dinner. And I would have used the real spoon and fork if I hadn't opted for the chopsticks instead.
Of course, in the end, it doesn't matter how wonderful the plane and attendants are. 22 hours is just too long to spend cramped in an airplane seat. Luckily I managed to sleep most of the way. Thank goodness I had deprived myself of sleep prior to boarding.

4 Comments:

Blogger Matthew slay said...

i agree. asian planes are so much better. eva is my favorite. the flight attendants (dents?) are so nice.

12:48 AM

 
Blogger Kerri said...

free alcohol? ...amazing

i just might have to visit this 'asia place' after all...

keep us posted!

4:08 PM

 
Blogger LukeMiller said...

is america ever better?

5:28 PM

 
Blogger i am cam said...

i agree eva is good. i have to say, i think thai airways is still my favorite.

2:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home