Monday, June 20, 2005

I'm in love

This past weekend I went to visit New York City. Why? Well, apart from the fact that it is a very cool city, I went because I will be moving there at the end of the sumer. That's right. My very prestigious grad school is in New York.
Here are some reasons why I 'heart' NY:
1. Soho, Greenwhich Village, Tribeca, Chinatown, Upper West Side, etc...
-each of these places is like visiting a new city
2. Central Park
-it is just a great place to go and hang out (and perhaps enjoy a bottle of wine)
3. Transportation
-riding the subway is fast, efficient and a great place to people watch
4. Walking
-it not only gets me to the places I want to be, but it is also great exercise
5. Sidewalk cafes
-this one really needs no explanation; sidewalk cafes are simply cool
6. Boutiques
-even though I normally don't like shopping, it is fun finding a great buy that might even allow you to look original
7. Cultural
-museums, Broadway shows, music in the park, film festivals; there is always something to do
8. Nightlife
-it is called the city that never sleeps
9. Roadtrips
-leaving the City could actually mean leaving the state
10. IT'S NEW YORK CITY
-there is just something exciting and interesting about being NewYorkCam

3 Comments:

Blogger Kerri said...

sooo jealous

10:34 PM

 
Blogger Kerri said...

haha NYC. can you make a new blog with that acronym when you move?

10:44 AM

 
Blogger i am cam said...

i do love an acronym.

the point of this blog was to make my friends jealous. not to make them hate me. i won't mention the name of the one who wrote "I HATE YOU".

it was suburbanjesus. giving jesus a bad name.

11:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home