Wednesday, June 15, 2005

cam non-confession

I spent most of time this morning at the fancy law office writing a cam confession. I haven't posted it. I'm not sure if I will.
One of the things I have tried to do is create some sort of anonymity. I write about aspects of my life without making the details to personal. Sometimes this has been very tricky. I also have felt certain degrees of responsibility to the people in my life who intersect with my writings. I know that most of the people who read my blog are my friends and familiy. And many of them know each other. So when I begin to put specifics, it not only tells my own story, but it often includes the story of others.
In the saved draft of my cam confession, I write about name association. I think most of us might experience this idea. We hear a name and we place a face, personality, experience with the name. This can be positive or negative. I have a good friend who doesn't like when other people who share her name give her name a bad reputation.
Why do I write about this at all? I don't know. Maybe because I've been requested to blog more. Apparently my cam fan prefers quantity over quality.
Or maybe I write all this because I recently met a guy who shared the name of several guys from my past. I'm not just talking about the random guys I used to know. I've had two relationships that had a significant impact on my life. And both guys had the same name. Now whenever I meet someone new with the same name, it seems only natural that I would refer back to my previous associations with the name. And I wonder if I'll discover any uncanny similarities these individuals will share beyond just the name.

5 Comments:

Blogger LukeMiller said...

you're my hero.

4:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cam, you are weird.

but i love you

4:46 PM

 
Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

use anonymous names like i do.

no one knows who Friend C is. except me.

7:19 PM

 
Blogger i am cam said...

friend k, why am i weird? i am not going to dispute this. i just want to know why you think so.

8:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read it over and retract my comment.

actually, you are weird. overall.

but in a good way.

that comment isn't weird anymore, though.

1:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home