Wednesday, June 01, 2005

cutting ties without burning bridges

Just recently I realized that I do not want to have any new reasons to stay here. I have plenty of reasons for coming back. But when the time comes for me to pack my bags and move away, I don't want to worry that I am making the wrong choice. I don't want to make any choice at all. It has already been made. I am going away for grad school. I guess I just don't want the leaving to be any harder than it has to be. I am very excited about my move. And I know that I have made the right decision. However, I have already begun to realize all the things I will miss out on while I am away. My friends plan parties and activites they'll do in the fall. They joke that I can fly back for it all, but I know that I can't. And so, I am avoiding anything and anyone that might give me reasons to doubt my decision. Because leaving means saying good-bye. But at the same time, I know that I can walk right back into the lives of the people and community I love. I won't let anyone be my reason for staying, but there will be plenty of people who are my reasons for coming back. At least at holidays...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kerri said...

that makes me feel much better. since you're pretty quiet about the whole thing, i was beginning to wonder if you were ever going to come back! but i do think you should live it up before you go rather than cutting the ties to prevent yourself from feeling more pain. life is too short for that.

12:51 PM

 
Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

does that mean you aren't going to hang out with me all summer because i don't want you to leave me?

1:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home