Monday, August 08, 2005

when it isn't really over

Today I went up to visit the teachers at the school where I taught this past year. For those who were off this summer, vacation is over. They are officially working again. They've got a week of room preparation, staff trainings, and lots of meetings. On Monday they'll be starting yet another year of students, teaching and stress. And I am so happy I won't be there for any of it.
This makes me think back to the start of my summer vacation and all the ambitions and plans I had. Sure, I went on all my trips. I experienced more adventures than I anticipated. But what else did I accomplish?
Did I read all the books I had set aside? No.
Did I work-out twice a day or even once every day? No.
Did I lay out everyday working on my tan? No.
Did I borrow DVDs from my movie-loving friend? No.
Did I find a job up in New York yet? No.
Did I drink a lot of beer and wine? Yes. Well, at least I know my priorities.
But today as I visited the teachers at my school, I realized I'm not going back to work. My summer vacation hasn't ended yet. I still have the chance to do all the things I had planned to do. I just have to do them in the next three weeks. I probably won't. But still, it is nice to realize that I could. Because I still have three more weeks of vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home