Sunday, August 14, 2005

some days you just can't win for losing

I don't really know what that expression means. In fact, it came up in conversation last night, and I don't think any of us knew the meaning. Ironically, even though I don't know what it means, I still kind of felt that way last night.
I went out with friends. Four guys. And me. I don't believe that has ever happened to me before. And even more, they were all good-looking. I can't help but wonder what people thought when they saw us. Hanging out by the pool at the new, sweet bacheolor pad was no big deal. But then we went out for dinner. Here I am. Walking along, surrounded by four good-looking guys. Do you think I was envied? Doubtful. I'm sure it was obvious to all that I had been deemed just a friend long ago. And I'm okay with that. But at the same time, there I was with four guys, all of them "just friends".
I had a great time with them. For the most part, they didn't treat me too much like just another guy. Which is always nice. And they weren't trying to hit on other girls while with me. Which was really nice. They also bought part of my dinner knowing that I'm on my way to being a poor student again. Sure, they have their moments, but overall these are great guys. And I'm going to miss them a lot.

3 Comments:

Blogger LukeMiller said...

sorry i couldn't be the fifth guy.

10:57 AM

 
Blogger j-lay said...

if i was the 5th guy you would have been envied.

11:05 AM

 
Blogger Zuriel said...

Overall? Of course we are great guys!!! And i will definitely miss you a lot too.

1:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home