Friday, September 16, 2005

the shoe test

Living in New York City means a lot of walking. When I moved here, I brought with me a collection of my cutest shoes. Now each pair is undergoing what I call "the shoe test." I can already say that Carrie and the rest of the S&C girls were crazy. There is no way you can wear heels in the city and act like they are as comfortable as sneakers. I recently watched an episode where Carrie nearly skipped down the street in her Monolo Blahniks. I am here to say that walking in the City with heels without grimacing is a sign of good acting.
So far my test has yielded the following results-
Steve Madden sandals with heels: fail
Steve Madden cowboy boots: pass
Puma sneakers: pass
Mossimo heels: fail
New Balance sneakers: pass
Steve Madden slides: pass
Anne Klein slides: still to be determined
Doc Marten sandals: pass
The pass/fail criterion was determined on the basis of whether my feet hurt excessively after walking only a few blocks, whether I could walk across a brick path without getting stuck in a crack, and whether the shoes cause blisters- after the cellulitis I developed from blisters in Thailand, I now take blisters very seriously.
Of course a whole new shoe test will be created once winter sets in. I won't care about the way they look as long as my feet are warm. Just one criterion. Okay, maybe not really. After all, I live in New York City. I have to maintain some degree of style.

4 Comments:

Blogger j-lay said...

some degree of style is best. i love it when i find comfort and style all in one.

1:57 PM

 
Blogger i am cam said...

is there ever a shoe made for a guy that isn't comfortable? walk in heels, then we'll talk comfort.

2:04 PM

 
Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

i like that you used "criterion" in a sentence.

5:17 PM

 
Blogger Kerri said...

you will get a bunion if you're not careful!

i've been repeating this line from my best friend's wedding alot lately. and your post made me say it again...

love the bag, love the shoes, love everything.

weird huh?

oh, and i'd like to note that your password thingy right now is 'bfilzid'. say that out loud. b-fil-zid. so funny!

5:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home