Tuesday, September 20, 2005

serendipity

I like the word serendipity- to make discoveries or find good fortune by accident. Moving to New York promises many serendipitous moments.
Last night was the first in a series of such moments. I finished reading an article, then realized I was finished reading. I had read all the required reading for this week. Additionally, I didn't have any trainings to attend. So I was free to spend most of the day with my friend j who is in town.
Today I went with friend j and her friend l to the American Museum of Natural History. I'll admit that initially I was disappointed because I was hoping to go to the Met. But the Natural History museum turned out to be pretty cool. I got to see big dinosaur bones. And they had a Margaret Mead display, appealing to my inner sociologist. In fact, I liked all the various "peoples" exhibits.
Afterwards, friend j invited me to join them for lunch. After reviewing some options, at friend l's suggestion we decided to go to the East Side. We would lunch at Serendipity.
This small restaurant was unique, charming and intimate. A very good discovery, indeed. The food, atmosphere and company were wonderful. Additionally, there was the dessert list. Serendipity is famous for their Frrrozen Hot Chocolate. I tried it. It was like drinking chocolate ice-cream, but better. The chocolate cake is very good, too. If I go again, I might be tempted by one of their huge sundaes or possibly the carrot cake.
I look forward to more serendipity. Perhaps at Serendipity or perhaps another magical moment of destiny waiting to be discovered accidentally.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kerri said...

you do realize that there was an entire movie based around this restaurant don't you?

i'm jealous beyond belief. i only watch that movie to see that hot chocolate drink and cake.

10:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home