Saturday, September 24, 2005

cam confession #12

Tonight I lived life on the cutting edge of fashion. I wore boots with a skirt. Cowboy boots.

Last year on my birthday, I decided to buy cowboy boots. I have no idea why- except for the fact that they were Steve Madden and they were on sale. In the process of randomly buying the boots, I made my Sis mad because she had been eyeing them, too.
While Cowboy boots have always been popular where I live, I wouldn't say they were always necessarily considered stylish. Until recently. I guess that's what happens when celebrities and New Yorkers begin to wear it. I grew up seeing boots and jeans. That was the only combination. But modern fashion has defied this rule. And tonight I joined those who dare to wear boots with skirts.
I looked pretty cute and very stylish (if I do say so myself). Additionally, the boots were practical. I knew they had passed the shoe test, so they are comfortable for walking several blocks. But they gave my entire look an extra dose of sassiness that my Doc Marten sandals (the other option) lacked. They also make me taller than the sandals which is always a bonus.
I'll admit, I was pretty nervous. I'm not one to be trendy. Or a fashion risk-taker. After making too many disastrous mistakes in middle school, I generally try to play it safe. But tonight was great. I felt confident, not self-conscious. I looked chic, yet comfortable. I'm setting a fashion trend among my friends. I NEVER imagined I would inspire anyone when it came to fashion.
Will I wear my cowboy boots with a skirt again? Of course. Because these boots were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home