Saturday, September 24, 2005

off broadway

While hanging out with out-of-town friends this past week, I spent two nights down on Broadway. The famous, Times Square, Broadway that consisits of lots of neon lights, crowds of tourists and home to many theaters. Last night I went off Broadway to a lesser known area to see a lesser known play, The Breadwinner. I met my Jersey friend and two of her friends over on the East Side for a night of culture. The heat of the theater nearly lulled me to sleep during the first act, but by the second act I felt awake and engaged by the dialogue of the play. It was a great New York theater experience.
Afterwards, I took the subway home, yet felt inspired to walk around before heading back to my room. I decided to exit one subway stop before mine, then walk the rest of the way. This decision led to the coincidence of exiting at the same time as my roommate and her friends. It's strange the way you can see people you know so randomly in such a big city. I joined them for pizza at a little joint that clearly is a late night spot for undergrad students. As I sat there eating part of my roommate's jumbo slice of pizza, I found myself feeling much older than everyone there. I also noticed that we were practically the only girls in the place. Someone should tell the freshman girls to go here if they want to meet a cute guy.
While walking back to the dorms, I had to put on my long-sleeved shirt. The weather is finally changing. Last night I slept with the window open, snuggled beneath my blankets. This morning the window is still open, the fan is off, and I'm enjoying the cool 65 degree weather of New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home