Thursday, April 14, 2005

when life gets messy

I know all too well about things getting messy. My apartment seems to be in a perpetual state of messy. Everytime I manage to get it clean, I enjoy the way it looks. Everything so neat and clean and things put in their place. Sometimes I have to make adjustments so things have a new place. But that task isn't too difficult. And then, before I've even had time to invite people over and enjoy the cleanliness of my apartment, I've gone and messed it up again. I live by myself so I know I only have myself to blame.
During a Journey discussion, a friend commented that sometimes when our physical environment becomes messy this leaks into other aspects of life. I was blown away by the depth and truth of that idea. I try hard to control so many things, yet I don't start with the one thing I actually can control. Just when it seems like things are falling into place and life makes sense, an unexpected and out of my control situation will arise. Whether it is a funeral that causes me to leave town or an unknown health issue that sends me to the doctor or a relationship that seems too complicated, I know I can't control these things. But I can address the messy state of my apartment. And then maybe I'll be able to more clearly assess the other messy parts of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home