Wednesday, March 30, 2005

runaway cam

I left work. I had to. I don't want to go back.
This was the text message I sent to some friends today around 11:15am. One friend thought I had actually walked out of my classroom and was thinking of not returning. While this plan had crossed my mind, I did wait until I had a break and then I took off. After a morning full of discipline problems I needed a drink. Since we are not allowed to enjoy alcohol during school hours, I decided to go for a diet vanilla coke from Sonic. I got in my car, opened the sunroof, enjoyed the warm 82 degrees outside and began to drive.
Even if it had been cold and rainy outside, I would not have wanted to go back to school. But it was perfect weather. And I thought about how nice it would be to relax by a pool and work on my tan. I desperately wanted to run away. Only one friend encouraged me not to go back to school. Luckily a sensible friend called me and talked me through my frustration. Then, I paid for my drink and drove very slowly back.
There is a very good chance I will want to run away again tomorrow. And the next day, too. I need to remind myself that I just have to survive 2 more months. I hope I make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home