Friday, March 18, 2005

it's not my birthday

Today is the birthday of my little sister. I can only call her 'little' because she is 3 years younger than me. She is taller than me and looks older than me. I'm told I'll be happy to be the younger looking one when we are in our forties. I hope so.
Sis and I are very different. She is blonde, I am not blonde. She buys too many shoes, I buy too many CDs. She is content to stay, I am happy to go. She wants marriage, I want a masters degree. She is conservative, I am liberal.
The list of differences goes on. Though the differences have increased over the years, I feel we are closer than ever. Our similarities, though few, draw us together and keep us connected. We may argue and disagree at times, but I am thankful for the friendship we have now.
I just hope it survives the summer when I have to move back home...
Happy Birthday, Sis!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home