Monday, February 28, 2005

from oscar to grouch

Last night was the big night in Hollywood. After the big movie marathon, I was anxious to see who would win awards and who would be ROBBED. Although, it is my opinion that Jim Carrey was robbed long before the award show started. While I appreciated that Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind received two nods for best actress and best screenplay, I believe Carrey should have been nominated. Though I realize he would have had no chance against this year's other nominees.
My movie-obsessed friend held her annual Oscar party. Every year I look forward to this party. Mostly I look forward to the invitation to the party. She creatively incorporates nominated films into the entire invitation. It is pretty amazing. See the best evite ever post.
And so I responded to her evite, letting her know that I was attending, wearing a formal, BEING JULIA and sitting SIDEWAYS. Why should movie stars be the only one to dress up for the Oscars? Though there was no red carpet, there was lots of fanciness. My most non-fancy friend not only donned a formal, but also sported an updo and a tiara. Her tiara-good. Scarlett Johansson's- bad. My dress looked very similar to the one worn by Julia Roberts the year she won her Academy Award. I looked just as excited when I won my award. There was no actual statue, but I did tie for having the most Oscar win predictions. The ballot that had who I wanted to win didn't look as good.
Overall it was a fun night. Though with the long-winded speeches of some of the winners, especially the sound people, the show ended later than my old lady bed time. As a result I was tired all day. And as a result, I was extremely short-tempered. One might even say that Oscar made me grouchy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew slay said...

chris rock sucked. when they showed the clips from carson, i realized how bad chris rock really was. this is probably due to the writers, but he was outspoken enough before the awards to have thrown in some of his own schtic.
slay

12:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home