Saturday, February 05, 2005

movie marathon

Today I was at the movie theater from 10:30am until 6:30pm. In an effort to see all the big Oscar nominated films, my movie obsessed friend mapped out 6 movies to see this weekend. She warned that the movie marathon would not be for the weak, and added that she would be super-impressed if anyone made it through all 6 with her. It was hard to resist that challenge. But considering I've already seen Sideways, I felt there was really no point. So I am only seeing 4. But 4 movies in 1 weekend is still a lot of movie-watching. Especially if you are short like me. My feet just dangle off the chair which means by the end of one movie my knees hurt. So by the end of the third movie I was surprised I could walk.
I met my friend this morning for Million Dollar Baby. That isn't exactly the best way to start your day. Watching the movie was a beating. Afterwards, I felt like I needed time to process the movie. Unfortunately, there was no time. Our next movie was starting within 10 minutes. And so we met another friend and proceeded to watch Finding Neverland. This movie was so great. Within 10 minutes of the film, I decided I would buy it when it comes out on DVD. After Finding Neverland we had an hour to grab some food before the next movie. Although I wasn't too hungry, since my friend and I had both packed snacks in our largest purses. We said good-bye to one friend and hello to another. It was time for movie #3. Hotel Rwanda was an amazing and powerful film. Though not as uplifting as Finding Neverland. I kind of feel like sitting and working through the tragedy portrayed in this film. Instead, I've got to get ready for a Mardi Gras party.
My friends headed off to see Sideways and Kinsey. But I'll see them again tomorrow. When we meet again at the movie theater to see Ray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home