Sunday, January 30, 2005

new music that's not really new

A friend invited me to go with him to see one of his favorite bands, Radiant*, playing this weekend. I agreed to go even though I didn't know the band. I've been listening to the Radiant* CD he made for me this week. I was surprised to realize that I had heard one of their songs before. So, I thank the one who first introduced me to Radiant*. When I listened to their song, "Way You Make Me Feel" this summer, I thought it was a love song. Now I realize that it is actually about the way we feel after a break-up.
Friday night I went and listened to several bands, including Radiant*. It was a great experience, even if I was very tired after teaching all week. And so, I thank the one who reintroduced me to Radiant* and continues to introduce me to new music. And who held me up when I started to fall asleep.


1 Comments:

Blogger Zuriel said...

Thank you for coming! They are playing again on Feb 19th, and they are opening for Midlake, an Austin band. The show starts at 8 so it wont end that late, so you are invited to come again!

3:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home