Thursday, January 13, 2005

skating cam

Tonight I did something school-related, and for the first time I had fun without any stress. My class won a skating party. And so, being the great teacher I am, I planned to go for an hour. Two hours later I was still rollering around the rink. And it was the most fun I’ve had in a long time.
I went round and round the rink quickly remembering how to skate. I never did quite figure out how to stop. So I just kept going until I slowed down enough to stop. I am proud to say I didn’t fall, not even once.
Some of my students would skate with me, holding my hand. Others would skate by me singing along with the songs. I was amazed at how many of the kindergarteners all the way to fifth graders knew all the words to some of the hip-hop songs. I'm pretty sure I impressed them as I sang the words to Maroon 5 and Avril Lavigne. My favorite part of the night was when I skated and YMCAed.
As I skated faster and faster, letting go of all my stress and fears, I became aware of a new feeling. A feeling I haven’t experienced in a while. Happiness. Pure, real happiness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Doom/Blondie said...

hmmm... I would like to go ice skating.

there is a nice Latvian girl I want to go Ice-Skating with!


Have fun


Doom

11:10 PM

 
Blogger i am cam said...

The last time I went ice-skating was in Thailand. It was Christmas Day. It was the closest I've had to a white Christmas and I was in a tropical country.

12:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home