Thursday, December 09, 2004

cam confession #3

I often make statements that I believe to be true, then realize I have no idea where I learned the information or if it is actually factual.
However, I am willing to either 1. change my statment if someone convinces me that I am wrong or 2. research to make sure I am right.
I recently had a discussion about hugs. I have no idea how it even came up. But I was told that we need 10 hugs a day. And so I accepted it as truth and proceeded to share the statement with others. Then I wondered if this is in fact a true statement. So I did some hug research last night and this morning.
Did you know there is Hugs for Health Foundation? They sponsor National Hug Week in May. According to their website, we need:
4 hugs for survival
8 hugs for maintenance
12 hugs for growth
That's a lot of hugs. This gives me hope. Perhaps the hugs I get from my students will offset the stress of my job that seems to be killing me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zuriel said...

are those 4 hugs for survival a day? if so... am i gonna die if i don't get them?

11:02 AM

 
Blogger i am cam said...

yes. you will die if you don't get them. oh wait, i have no idea if that is true.

5:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home