Sunday, November 21, 2004

name-calling

My students think the best way to resolve their problems is to use name-calling. I'm not sure adults are much better. I know I still call people names when they piss me off. And my choices aren't very nice at all. I've been listening to the new put-downs used by kids today. Sure, there are the ever popular ones- nerd, geek, stupid, cheater. But here is a sample of some of the new ones I've heard:
1. Hippie
2. Houdini
3. Michael Jackson
4. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
I'm not even sure why some of these are considered insulting. But perhaps the next time someone pisses me off, I'll call them one of these names. Just to see their reaction.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hippie? i consider that a compliment.
genslay

11:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home