Friday, November 12, 2004

Feeling old

The first six months of being 25 were great. But now I feel old. It isn't so much that I think I'm old. Because I really don't at all. It is that my body feels old. Maybe because I associate being tired all the time with old people. And being negative. Whenever I talk to my grandmother, it is always the same. She's tired and she complains about being tired- along with any other ailment. Maybe it is just this adjustment to my new job. But I feel exhausted all the time. It makes me dread when I really am old.
Not only do I feel old lately, but I'm worried I've begun acting old, too. I went to bed at 8:00 one night this week. I would have done it every night if my schedule had allowed it. Instead of heading out to the bar as I usually do on Wednesday, I went to bed at 10:00. I actually had friends over, we were enjoying some wine, and then at about 9:30 I pretty much kicked them out of my apartment. Though I think I had that right since I cooked them dinner- appetizer to dessert. And I wonder why people think I'm domestic.
Going to bed early isn't the only example that I might be acting old. Tonight I went and played Bunko. It is a game played by many middle aged women. In my case, it was middle aged women who are all teachers. I didn't win any money, but I did enjoy leave a little less sober.
As soon as I get some energy, I plan to recapture my youth. Perhaps I'll be as daring as to stay out late on a school night once again. I curse the guy who called me old last year when I went to bed by 10:00- because now I know he might have been right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home