Saturday, November 06, 2004

good music vs. bad music

When I was younger, I used to pretend that I knew about music. For the most part, it worked for me. But when I was in Thailand, my roommate decided I needed a serious education. And so, I began to learn about music. About the artists, genre, etc. Although Thailand wasn't the best place for this education. I only had three english TV stations and one was MTV Asia. I learned a lot about pop music. But now that I am back in America, I am exposed to good music again. Ironically, most of the artists are from Europe. Now I'm addicted to learning more about music. When I have conversations, I actually sound like I know what I'm talking about. And more importantly, I usually do know what I'm talking about.
Now that I'm back I listen to music often. Especially in the car. But recently my poor car's CD player stopped working. This could be the end of my sanity. I'm forced to scan the radio or choose silence. I've actually chosen silence on several occasions. Last night I was scanning the radio, desperate to find something decent to listen to. Instead, I found a radio station calling itself the "official holiday radio station." Yes, it was November 5th and they were playing Christmas music. And it was bad Christmas music. I found myself unable to change it for at least a minute. It was that bad. I love Christmas. And I love Christmas music. But this is ridiculous. I just dressed up for Halloween. I'm not ready to Deck the Halls.
Maybe my dad's right. Maybe I do need to buy a new car. As one friend who recently bought a car pointed out, it isn't so much buying a new car, but rather a CD player on wheels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home