Saturday, November 20, 2004

cam confession #2

I love to make lists. When I lived in Thailand, I had a little red notebook that I filled with lists. These are some of the lists in my notebook: important Thai phrases; places to eat; DVDs; places to visit; trip schedules; Christmas gifts; expenses; etc.
I have lists written all over the place. On post-it notes, backs of envelopes, and in my new notebook. I actually get excited about opportunities to make lists. To-do lists, grocery lists, work-out schedules, blog ideas, cds I want to buy. This summer I was asked to make a list of my top 5 favorite movies. I didn't actually like the task of thinking of 5 movies, but I enjoyed compiling a list.
The Scholastic Book Fair was at my school this past week. Teachers could write a wish list of books. I found one book that I wanted, so I put it on my list. A student gave it to me, and I am so excited. I now have The Book of Lists. 308 pages of lists- about art, social studies, numbers, pop culture, science.
Reasons I am excited about this book:
1. It is a book. Full of lists.
2. It has intersting trivia.
3. I like collecting books.
4. It was a gift from a student.
5. It makes me feel a little less neurotic. Or at least a little less alone in my neurotic list making.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home