Saturday, January 15, 2005

25 going on 13

When my friends found out I went roller skating last night, they laughed at me. They were relieved to know I was there with small children and not a date. Apparently only 13 year olds go skating for dates. I was not aware of this rule. I do not plan to keep this rule. If a guy wants to take me skating, I'm not going to say no.
When I walked out of my apartment, I wondered if I had actually become 13 again. I discovered that my apartment had been toilet-papered during the night. Yes, there was toilet paper wrapped around the door handle, under the welcome mat, stuck in the mail clip, wound round my car's side mirrors and the empty roll under the windshield wipers. At least the last two allowed me to conclude that it was most likely my sister and her best friend. I had spoken with them on the phone earlier, and I'm pretty sure they were both drunk. On a Thursday night. I was invited to join them, but since I had to teach the next morning I declined. Actually, it was because I had been out Wednesday night. And I wanted to watch ER.
I left the toilet paper around my door until I got home from work. As I was walking back from the garbage can in the parking lot, I realized they had done more. My balcony still has toilet paper wrapped around it. I might just leave it. I might need it when I run out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home