Friday, March 18, 2005

here I sit

I keep sending emails. Because when you sit at a desk waiting for the phone to ring, there isn't too much else to do. Sure, I could grade all the papers that I carry around. Or continue reading A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius (I forgot that I was reading it, and now I am not feeling too motivated to start again). But instead I keep writing emails to people who are unavailable to write me back.
Here are some things I've learned in the past three days:
-Work Email is fun. Especially when you know that it is annoying for others.
-It is possible to tell people you are very busy and important, all the while being very bored.
-Staring at a computer screen for 9 hours makes your eyes hurt.
-Aztecs are not the same as Mayans. Mixing the two up (even intentionally) will result in yelling.
-Pumas and Jaguars are not the same. I'd like to adopt the Thai expression for this one: same same but different.
-When my friends do email me, they are very funny. Even the quiet ones.
-I don't know very much about the news. I scored 5/10 on the test I took. Maybe I should spend more time reading the news and less time taking tests.
-It is still unclear whether Demi Moore is in fact pregnant with Ashton Kutcher's baby.
-The hotel where I will be staying on my Mexican trip is AWESOME.
-The more you type the word 'awkward' the funnier it looks. The more you type the word 'cudle' the less it seems like a made up word. Cudle ( pronunciation:cood-lay)- to snuggle or be affectionate with others.
-It is not a good idea to say "I am a year younger, so I can go longer" in mixed company. Or perhaps at all. Because inevitably someone will make it inappropriate (though funny).
-Green velvet suits are hot, or perhaps one might say, dale-licious. HA! Claaaassiiiiic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home