Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Why me?

I've always blamed many of my troubles in life on the fact that I am short. It is true. I'm always seen as "cute." Well, that one is okay. But I can never reach things on the shelf- the bottom shelf of my cabinets. I have to build an unstable contraption to change the battery when my smoke detector beeps. Even with a step stool placed on top of a chair, I still had to stand on my tippy-toes to reach. Pants are always too long on me. When four or more people who are taller than me crowd around me, I disappear. And start to cry a little. (I'm a little claustrophobic). When I worked as a very busy and important receptionist, no one knew I was there. They couldn't see me behind the unusually tall desk. When I lecture one of my 3rd grade students, she is the one who bends to my level. The list goes on...
Ironically I've dated a number of tall guys. Tall girls tend to hate me for this.
I just saw an ad that promised to make me taller. Too bad it was for people age 12-25. Dammit. I just missed the cut off. I guess I'll just have to accept things the way they are. I swear, I have the worst timing. Curse my bad luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home