Wednesday, May 16, 2007

pomp and circumstance in the city

It's official. Today I graduated from an Ivy League school, receiving my Master's Degree from the #1 Graduate School of Education in the United States.
My parents came in town for the graduation festivities this past Saturday. My dad, a true Texan, said he had no desire to come to New York. So I told him I was planning to walk, and I wanted them there. For me, it was a great weekend. We had dinner at the Rainbow Room overlooking downtown Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty and even Staten Island and New Jersey. We saw a Broadway show. We went to the Natural History Museum. We went to a "Texas" bar. We celebrated my graduation by eating lunch at Tavern on the Green.
But the best part of the week, was having my mom and my dad in the audience at last night's convocation and this morning's graduation ceremony. Sure, it was hot and crowded. But I'm glad I decided to walk, and I'm glad they could be there.
I just wonder if I'm going to have to pursue my PhD so my dad comes back to New York to see me...
i am cam, MA

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

Congratulations girly.....I am so proud of little christy

9:03 PM

 
Blogger j-lay said...

congrats CAM!

4:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home