Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I bored with this "vacation"

I've been in my hotel room since 12:30. I missed out on the afternoon session of my conference because there were some work issues I needed to address. I've been sending and checking email and using up lots of my cell phone minutes. If I don't call anyone for the rest of the month, you'll know why.
This is not a vacation.
I was lucky to have a friend visit me Friday night through Sunday morning. Then I have the opportunity to interact with people at the conference. However, I still don't really know anyone. I've eaten a lot of meals by myself. I'm trying not to let it bother me. But I miss people. I miss people who know me and want to talk to me. Usually when I travel, I go with these people.
This is not a vacation.
There is a lot of "drama" going on with my job. I'm stressed about being gone. I feel it necessary to think about work while I am here. After all, they are paying for this trip. I am anticipating all of the chaos I face when I return to work on Friday, and it stresses me out.
This is not a vacation.

I need a vacation. A real vacation. Just 61 more days to go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home