Thursday, February 01, 2007

grey day

While yesterday was sunny and happy, today is grey and melancholy.
My walk to work seemed somewhat gloomy with the grey sky and melted snow. I did pass a turkey in the park which at the very least is a funny anecdote. I had to be here before 9am since Thursdays are our weekly staff meetings.
I had my first "encounter" with my BIG boss. While I don't believe I did anything wrong, I knew better than to argue or justify my actions. I simply agreed to do what she asked. After being in this office for a while, I've learned the politics. I've also learned to accept the criticism (even if unjustified), then let it go.
I also continue to feel frustrated that I don't have a desk, computer, or phone. Now that I'm a full-time employee, these things are even more important. Yet, I'm not sure how long I'll have to practice this lesson in patience and flexibility.
Who knows? Maybe today will improve. The weather hasn't. Of course, it's only 2 o'clock. But even if today remains pretty much like it has been, at least I know it's Thursday- Grey's Day- which means, at the very least, I can still look forward to popcorn, wine, and quality time with my roommate watching Grey's Anatomy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home