Thursday, December 28, 2006

Quick Hits

I've had many blogs to write, but no time. So I'm resorting to the "quick hits" of everything from the last few weeks.
  • Rode the subway all around Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx commuting for job #1 and to job #2.
  • Had dinner with my cousin at the coolest apartment I've ever seen- 4 bedrooms, 2 bath, dining room with a table that seats 8, kitchen with a table that can also seat 8, living room with a working fireplace, windows that overlook Gramercy Park and a rooftop deck. 4 of the nicest (and luckiest) guys live in this huge, eastside apartment and their rent is less than mine up in Harlem. I nearly cried.
  • Interviewed for my dream job at Central Park. I didn't get it. So the job search continues. Again, I nearly cried.
  • Had visitors in town from Long Island and Dallas. It was a very fun and crazy weekend. Below are some of the activities we did.
  • Aimee Mann Christmas Concert
  • Shopping in SoHo
  • Christmas Drinking Tour of the City- after South Street Seaport and Rockefellar Center we lost momentum
  • South Street Seaport Christmas tree carol singers performance
  • Saw Paul Rudd walking around the West Village
  • Danced on the bar at Hogs and Heifers- the original bar that inspired "Coyote Ugly" bars everywhere
  • Took a limo home from H&H since no cabs were around
  • Went on a "real" date with a very cute boy
  • Stayed up all night with my roommate and friends before my 7am flight back home
  • Passed out on the flight- literally. I rode most of the way home in the flight attendants' area telling my life story to Joe the flight attendant who was watching over me.
  • Back to Dallas for Christmas with my family

Each of these bullets offer many stories to tell, but I just haven't had time for writing. I'm hoping the New Year will provide one full-time job so my life is a little less crazy. Of course, living in New York means my life will always be just a little bit crazy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home