Wednesday, November 01, 2006

trick or treat

I avoided most of the Halloween festivities over the weekend. I opted not to attend parties or dress up. I was asked if it was because I'm too mature for costumes. Please. Not hardly. I was simply too lazy to come up with an idea and make it. So it was a low-key weekend void of Halloween mayhem.
This City offers plenty of Halloween fun. However, most of it seems targeted towards big kids like me. But what about young kids? I never actually stopped to wonder about how they celebrate the holiday. Last night I stopped by Starbucks for a latte and was surprised when some kids walked in and said "trick or treat". The coffee barista reached over the counter and dropped candy into their plastic pumpkins. As I walked down the street, I saw princesses, witches, ghosts and many more going in and out of stores, cafes, and restaurants for trick-or-treating. How did I miss all this last year? Oh, yes... statistics midterm that night.
As for me, this year I still steered clear of Halloween in the City. I could have gone down to Greenwich Village to watch the infamous Halloween parade. (This city does love parades.) Next year. Instead, I chose something more low-key.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home