Saturday, September 16, 2006

still job searching

My last day of work was September 1st. Since then, I've continued looking for a full-time job. Even though I've only been unemployed for two weeks, it feels more like two months. As someone who was raised to have a strong work ethic, being without a job is a challenge. I've been fortunate to be able to continue babysitting the past few weeks. It's at least some income, even if it isn't enough to make rent.
I am hoping to find a job by October. So I keep searching for anything that sounds like it is in my field. I've also applied for a few jobs that are no where near my career goals, but could be fun. Like working retail in a wine store. After all, I've always wanted to learn more about wine. It could be a great fit. (And of course, it would give me more time to continue looking for a more appropriate job that fits in my career goals).
I will say, I'm enjoying the time I'm not working a little too much. I've settled into a routine that includes coffee and Ellen in the morning, working-out with my roommate, watching too much TLC, and of course, searching the internet for jobs and sending out resumes and cover letters. As much fun as it all is, I really need a job. This city offers a lot to do... and it takes money. It's a fun, but expensive city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home