Wednesday, August 30, 2006

back to my roots

It was fun being back in Texas again. My first few days were filled with dental and hair appointments. Having sold my car before moving to the City, I had to borrow my neighbors'. So, I drove myself around in a BIG, LOUD truck. I was certainly back in Texas. Taking the Texas stereotype even further, I found myself tuning to the country radio stations and instructing my hair stylist to make me BLONDE. After all, I'm a Texan in New York. They expect me to be blonde.
After saying good-bye to my parents who left Sunday morning for a week long cruise, I moved beyond the Texas stereotype and embodied the Dallas one. No longer in the truck, I was driving around in a very fast and sporty BMW. I enjoyed it while it lasted. After a week of visiting friends, it was time to pick up the Budget truck and begin the roadtrip back to New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home