Saturday, August 05, 2006

movie in the park

This past Monday, I joined my favorite Texas-native/New York friend at Bryant Park. Each week they show a film on a screen. Throngs of people gather on the grass, benches and steps starting at 5pm. By the time I got there at 5:40, there wasn't much grass visible. I sat with my friend another Texan who just recently moved to the City. We ate dinner, listened to music, watched the wide variety of interesting people and chatted as we waited for the movie to start. Finally around 9pm, it was announced that the movie was starting. We watched a preview for a very cute penguin movie due out in November, followed by a Tweety and Slyvester cartoon. Then it was time for the feature- A Shot in the Dark. Groups of people stood and began dancing around as music signaled the start of the movie. We were part of that group. It might have been the best part of the movie. Monday night movie in Bryant Park is another fabulous New York tradition that I hope to do again. I'll just need to practice my dance moves first...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home