Monday, July 31, 2006

wet, stressed, and possibly homeless

This morning I woke up after a night filled with anxiety dreams feeling not very rested at all. Why am I anxious? I didn't get the apartment I wanted which means I still have to find one. If I don't find one by August 17th I will be homeless. I also need a job. One of the main reasons I can't get an apartment is because I don't have a job. The cycle just continues. As does my search.
This morning I went to the earliest open house EVER. It started at 7am. I got there around 8:40. The apartment is in a GREAT location. It was only slightly bigger than the previous apartment. Still two bedrooms, but only one closet. It was more expensive than the other one I wanted, but the location is also better. I put in an application. Of course so did at least 7 other people. I'm pretty sure most if not all of them have jobs. Which means I might still be homeless. I'm very stressed.
This afternoon I made plans to leave work early so I could go to yet another open house. I walked there in the heat only to find out no one was around to let me in. When I finally got a hold of the guy, he told me he had to reschedule. I let him know that I had taken time off of work just for this open house. He promised to show me the place in the morning. It is the sketchy characters like this that you find on Craigslist. I was considering returning in the morning to view the apartment when I became very aware of the neighbors I would have. Across the street, before I had time to react, several kids aimed the fire hydrant water they were playing in directly at me. I chose not to yell out all the inappropriate words going through my mind. Instead, I kept walking. Several of the adults hanging out on their stoop at 3:45 on a Monday afternoon asked me if I was okay. I said, "Fine. Just wet."
I walked back home wet and pissed. And still without a place to live.

1 Comments:

Blogger LukeMiller said...

that listen sentence makes it sound liek you walked how wet, and pissed. like walked home wet, and then pissed. haha

very crude... and very funny.

all this is a sign that you need to move back to texas.

2:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home