Wednesday, September 27, 2006

a list worth writing

Over the past few weeks, I've watched a lot of Ellen. While I'm often quoting much of what I learn from Ellen each day, it is the life list that is the most worth sharing. On any given day, Ellen will talk about this idea of not only making a life list, but actually writing it down. For someone who likes to make lists as much as I do, it is no surprise that I'm all about the life list.
So what is the life list? It is all of the things that you hope to do/accomplish in your life. The point of writing your life list is so you can mark them off, thus inspiring you to actually do them. As I started writing my life list this week, I discovered that I had actually been making a life list long before now. What was even more exciting was realizing just how much I have already done- and can therefore cross off- my life list.
Here are just a few of the items I had done before I ever began writing down my list:
  • Go to grad school
  • Live in a foreign country
  • Learn to scuba dive
  • Travel
  • Live in New York City
  • Take a cross-country roadtrip
  • Learn to drink red wine
Here are some of the things I've since added to my life list since I started writing it down:
  • Learn to cook
  • Visit all 50 states
  • Really learn about wine
  • Run in a marathon
  • Be less selfish
  • Go to Ireland
I hope you will write your own life list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home