Sunday, October 01, 2006

getting to the Yankees game

On Saturday my roommate, her boyfriend and I all headed up to the Bronx for the Yankees game. Since our move, we are now conveniently located just off the train that takes us directly to the stadium. So we squeezed on to the subway and crowded next to everyone else in Yankees gear. I took a deep breath as I braced my claustrophobic self for the ride up to the stadium. Just a few stops and we would be there.
Unfortunately for me, the subway conductor was not very cooperative. Just two stops away, it was decided that our train was going to run express, thus by-passing our stop. So we joined all the Yankees fans who filed out of the train essentially leaving it empty. We waited as the train remained in the station. Then an announcement was made saying the train would stop at Yankee stadium. After some confusion, we all got back on the train. The announcement was made again that it would stop at the stadium. So we waited on the train. Still the doors did not close, and the train did not leave. After a few minutes of waiting there was yet another announcement. This train would not be stopping at the stadium. Once again, everyone got off the train. Several minutes later, this much cursed train left. We didn't wait long before the next train arrived, running locally and delievering us to the stadium.
I guess it could have been worse. I could have been stuck on the second train in the middle of the tunnel. Talk about claustrophobia...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home