Saturday, October 28, 2006

life after Ellen

My routine has changed. I no longer drink coffee with my roommate in the morning, watch Ellen, workout or job search. Well, I still job search and drink coffee, but I hardly see my roommate and I rarely watch Ellen. I recently started a temporary, part-time job which takes up a considerable amount of my time. I working on a research project at NYU. When I'm not in my data collector role visiting NYC schools in Brooklyn, the Bronx and Manhattan, I'm working in the office doing data entry for the project. I love it! Not only do I get to set my own hours, working as much or as little as I want, I am also getting practical experience to put on my resume. I took a class this summer on program evaluation, and now I'm getting to see what I learned in practice not just theory. I'm hoping this experience helps me figure out if I really want to be a program evaluator.
In the meantime, my job search continues. I got a call on Wednesday to schedule an interview. It's my first interview since August. I'm very excited. I also applied to two very promising jobs at my grad school. While they aren't exactly what I forsee as "in-line" with my career goals, they do offer a few benefits. Namely great holidays and tuition exemption. The second benefit would allow me to continue to take grad classes- for free!
When I'm not traveling to boroughs to visit schools, I'm at NYU. When I'm not there, I'm usually headed to one of my 3 tutoring jobs. I still try to go to the gym after tutoring. Basically, my life is now back to a craziness that mirrors the fast-pace I love about this City.

This is my excuse for nearly a month of no new blogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home