Thursday, February 01, 2007

My Sunny Day

Yesterday was an all-around great day! There are some days when you wake up and you just know it is going to be a good day. That's how I felt yesterday. I woke up with minimal snooze button pushes by 7:15am. I showered, dressed and got ready. Then made my mushroom omelette for breakfast, chopped veggies for my salad, packed my lunch and snacks for the day, and made my coffee. I was out the door by 8:30am. My first stop on my way to work was the Post Office. I had gotten a package and would not have time to get it after work. There was no one at the window when I got there. So I went to the bank, only to discover they don't open until 9am. I went back to the Post Office and did get my package. I had to drop it back across the street in my apartment. But of course, I couldn't just leave it there without opening it. So I quickly tore open the box and discovered three new hats to keep my head warm. Which was perfect timing considering the ground outside was covered with snow and ice! I donned my cute, new grey hat and was back out the door by 8:45.
As I walked to work through my neighborhood, then the park, I just took time to relax and enjoy the morning. Sure I was going to be a few minutes late to work, but it was truly a beautiful morning worth enjoying. It was sunny, and the sight of snow just made me happy. Luckily I was only about 5 minutes late to work, and no one seemed to have noticed.
The rest of my day went really well. I had a successful day #3 in my new job as associate program manager. My time was spent efficiently as I finally crossed off some to-do items I'd had a while. Then I enjoyed running a few errands during my lunch break. Now that I'm finally a full-time employee, I can actually enjoy a lunch break!
I worked out after work, enjoying the new benefits of my gym membership such as towel and locker service. I continued a productive day by going to the laundromat to do my overflowing laundry. Then I spent the rest of my evening relaxing with my roommate with conversation and wine.
It was a really great day. My sunny attitude mirrored the weather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home