Monday, March 19, 2007

seems I'm MacGiver

The remote to my DVD player stopped working. I tried putting new batteries in the remote, but it still wouldn't work. Yeterday my roommate and I were watching a movie. I had put the DVD in the player while we finished making dinner. I figured it would go to the main menu then I could press play. Instead, it started playing the movie. I needed the remote to restart the movie. It wouldn't work. I tried taking the movie out of the player, but the stupid DVD player remembered where it had stopped and picked up from there. So my roommate had to miss the first 10 minutes of the movie. After we finished the movie, I decided to "fix" the remote. I used to be a science teacher. I taught a unit on batteries. I knew there was a missing part from the remote. The circuit in the remote wasn't complete. First I tried a paper clip. It was too big. Then I found a washer that fit perfectly. The circuit was complete and the remote worked! Sure, I couldn't put the back over the batteries, but at least the remote works. My "fix" would make MacGiver proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home