Sunday, April 01, 2007

never a bride, finally a bridesmaid

Many women my age often find themselves living proof of the saying "always a bridesmaid, never a bride." Not me. I've only been a bridesmaid once and that was at least 10 years ago. For whatever reason, very few of my close friends are married. The last two weddings I attended were actually friends of my sister. It's my sister who has a rainbow of bridesmaid gowns hanging in her closet. Last year she attended at least 8 weddings. As she watched many of her friends walked down the aisle, she wondered if she might be "always a bridesmaid, never a bride."
Last Friday, she got her answer as she answered his question. In December, my sister- my younger sister- will walk down the aisle in her one of a kind white dress. She will finally be the bride. And because I am her sister, I will finally be a bridesmaid. In fact, I will be her maid of honor. I will have the important task of tending to my sister's needs. And even more importantly, planning the bachelorette party. Vegas, baby!
I'm excited for my sister and my soon to be brother-in-law. It's going to be a crazy road to the altar. For the first time, I almost wish I lived in Texas so I could be more involved in it all. Almost...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home